Chapter 1: Testing Process
- The Test Manager’s activities within the test process are covered with emphasis on the tasks of test planning, monitoring and control.
- It says how to implement a project retrospective in order to validate processes and discover areas to improve.
Chapter 2: Test Management
- Explains how to correctly define test management tasks according to the context of a project and how to adjust test activities to the software lifecycle in use.
- Evaluates different types of test document and discusses how to tailor them to meet all project and organization criteria.
- Covers those areas of the topic that are not dealt with in later chapters.
Chapter 3: Reviews
- The main goal here is to define an appropriate review plan and set up the review toachieve the best results.
- Participants learn how to use metrics to optimize the reviewresults and to show return on investment.
Chapter 4: Defect Management
- This topic explains how to set up a defect lifecycle tailored for the software lifecycle in use and explains how to analyse defect reports to evaluate the capability of the testing and software development processes.
Chapter 5: Improving the Test Process
- Describes the generic steps for conducting a standard test process improvement initiative and how to create a test improvement plan.
- Compares the characteristics of four popular test process improvement models.
Chapter 6: Test Tools and Automation
- How to plan and implement different types of tool (including open-source and custom-built tools) considering all pros and cons.
Chapter 7: People Skills – Team Composition
- Discusses how to assess the range of skills required for a testing team, and define a growth plan for skill development.
- Includes team motivation and communication skills