Chapter 1: The Technical TA’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- How to identify, assess and mitigate technical risks.
Chapter 2: White-Box Test Techniques
- Statement Testing, Decision Testing, Modified Condition/Decision Testing, Multiple Condition Testing, Basis Path Testing and API Testing.
- How to choose the most appropriate of these structural test techniques according to situational context.
Chapter 3: Analytical Techniques
- Application of static analysis to detect potential security, maintainability and testability defects in code.
- Use of dynamic analysis to mitigate risks in code and software architecture.
Chapter 4: Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- How to design high-level test cases for the non-functional quality characteristics of security, reliability, performance efficiency, maintainability, portability and compatibility.
- How to support the Test Manager in creating test strategies to mitigate the identified risks.
Chapter 5: Reviews
- How a TTA can give the most value when participating in reviews.
- Use of checklists to identify defects in code and architecture.
Chapter 6: Test Tools and Automation
- Focuses on the tools and automation issues that are relevant to Technical Test Analysts.
- Covers several types of tool including those used for fault seeding and fault injection, performance efficiency testing, web-based testing, model-based testing, component testing, the build process, and mobile application testing.
- Considers the TTA’s role in delivering test automation, the various approaches that can be taken and the factors that should be considered when choosing the approach.