Red Hat Training Presents: Introduction to Python Programming (AD141)
Course code: AD141
Python is a popular programming language used by system administrators, data scientists, and developers to create web applications, custom Red Hat Ansible Automation modules, perform statistical analysis, and train AI/ML models. This course introduces the Python language and teaches fundamental concepts like control flow, loops, data structures, functions, file I/O, regular expressions, parsing JSON, and debugging. This course is based on Python 3 and RHEL 9.0.
- Internet access is required.
- A cloud-based RHEL workstation will be provided. Optionally, students can install Python on their own workstation and run lab exercises locally, however Red Hat will not troubleshoot local environment issues.
Course content summary
- Basics of Python syntax, functions and data types
- How to debug Python scripts using the Python debugger (pdb)
- Use Python data structures like dictionaries, sets, tuples and lists to handle compound data
- Learn Object-oriented programming in Python and Exception Handling
- How to read and write files in Python and parse JSON data
- Use powerful regular expressions in Python to manipulate text
- How to effectively structure large Python programs using modules and namespaces
- How to use third-party libraries using the pip CLI tool.