In the field of agile project management and organizational transformation, the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) is gaining ground. Its use has spread throughout the world, including in the Czech Republic. If you are curious about SAFe® and thinking about becoming a certified professional in this field, you are in the right place. In this article, we will focus on two certification programs: SAFe® Agilist (SA) and SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC). We’ll help you understand the differences between them and find out which certification is right for you.
SAFe® Agilist (SA)
The SAFe® Agilist certification is intended for individuals who want to become agile leaders and lead agile transformations within their team or organization. You will prepare for this certification at the official Leading SAFe® (SA) preparatory course. By earning this certification, you demonstrate that you can:
- Use SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development in the enterprise.
- Recognize and apply Lean-Agile Mindset and principles.
- Explore and implement values: You will acquire the skills to identify and implement the value system that is the basis for the effective functioning of SAFe® and the achievement of organizational goals.
- Expand the Lean portfolio: You will be able to expand the company’s portfolios using Lean principles and agile practices, which will lead to greater innovation and competitiveness of the organization.
- Coordinate the development of large projects: You will learn to coordinate and manage the development of large projects to achieve optimal performance and efficiency within SAFe®.
- Improve Lean-Agile leadership skills: You will gain the skills to effectively lead and motivate agile teams, support innovation and continuous process improvement.
- Support the transformation in the Lean-Agile enterprise: You will be able to actively support the agile transformation in the organization, identify obstacles and bring changes to achieve success in an environment based on the Lean-Agile approach.
SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC)
The SAFe® Program Consultant certification is suitable for those who want to become SAFe® experts with deep knowledge and the ability to manage transformations using SAFe®. The SPC is responsible for implementing SAFe® in large organizations, training and leading others in the agile transformation process. This certification is suitable for agile coaches, consultants and leadership positions in the field of agile management. You will prepare for this certification at the official Implementing SAFe preparatory course. By earning this certification, you demonstrate that you can:
- Lead Lean-Agile Enterprise Transformation: You will understand the principles of Lean-Agile and SAFe® as a framework for organizational transformation. You can define the transformation vision and strategy, communicate it to the entire organization and create a transformation plan and monitor its progress.
- Implement SAFe: You will understand the key elements of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and their use in practice.
- Implement Lean Portfolio Management.
- Perform value stream identification: You can analyze existing value stream processes and identify possible improvements.
- Run and coordinate Agile Release Trains: You define and implemented Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and their roles within SAFe®.
- Leverage seven core competencies to achieve business agility.
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe.
- Continue learning and get the opportunity to train other roles in SAFe® Enterprise: You have the opportunity to train and coach other roles in SAFe® Enterprise.
To help you choose the right certification, consider the following questions:
- What role do you want to play in an agile environment? Do you want to be an agile leader in your team or lead a transformation within the entire organization?
- What are your professional goals in the field of agile management and transformation?
- Do you have experience with agile project management and organizational transformations?
- Are you ready to invest the time and effort to become more certified?
If you feel like you are at the beginning of your agile journey and want to familiarize yourself with SAFe® principles and practices, SAFe® Agilist (SA) is the right choice for you. This certification will provide you with a solid foundation for understanding SAFe® and applying it in practice. If you already have experience with agile project management and are ready to lead agile transformations at a higher level, the SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) is the right choice for you. This certification will give you a deeper understanding of SAFe® to successfully manage and execute agile transformations at scale.
We hope this article helped you better understand the differences between SAFe® Agilist (SA) and SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) certifications. If you still have questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you achieve your agile management and transformation goals.