A Certified SAFe® 6 Program Consultant (SPC) is a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) change agent who leads all levels of an organization through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale by training, coaching, facilitating, and mentoring. This servant leader plays a critical role by applying expert knowledge of SAFe.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a SAFe® 6 Program Consultant (SPC).
The first step toward becoming an Certified SAFe® professional is to attend the Implementing SAFe course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Exam prerequisite skills or knowledge:
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the exam:
- Facilitation skills
- Classroom management and time management
- Agile experience: ability to teach an Agile class for beginners
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Possess experiences or stories, and ability to connect business and IT
- Experience and ability to connect across business contexts and speak the language
- Technical fluency to effectively work with processes and workflows
- Emotional intelligence—at a minimum, understand impact of decisions on people, workflows, and business
Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
- Exam name: SAFe® 6 Program Consultant Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe® course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 45 out of 60 (75% passing score)
- Exam language – English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs 50 USD
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.