Are you wondering what are the expected IMDS improvements for 2020? More information can be found in the article below, or at the IMDS trainings, prepared by EDU Trainings.
1) Wizard for metal materials
- Similar to the existing wizard for polymer materials.
- Helps with choosing a Material MDS (MMDS) name and a Standard Material number.
- If a Standard MMDS for this material already exists, a message informs the user when releasing or referencing an MMDS.
2) Support for multi-sourcing (multiple supply parts)
- Current scope of this enhancement is only for components.
- It will be possible to reference alternative MDSs for one component from different suppliers in a new MDS.
3) Consideration of lower thresholds for available selection of Application Codes
- At the moment, all Application Codes are available for selection for which an upper limit of the threshold is met.
- In addition, if a substance is not contained with at least a minimum value, the respective Application Code will not be displayed for selection.
4) No Standard default value for Application Codes
- In August 2019 the default for Application IDs was deactivated if more than one code is possible (e.g. same thresholds for 1a and 1b).
- In order to avoid wrong entries, no default value for application codes is given; instead, the user has to choose an application code.
5) Threshold parameter for all Where-Used Analysis related to substances
An additional threshold parameter (from / to value) for the Where–Used Analysis related to substances is introduced for the following analysis options:
- Substance list
- Substance group
- Confidential substances
- Application code
6) Where-Used Analysis for MDSs with recyclate information
- A new analysis option is planned for the Where-Used Analysis to find MDSs containing recyclate information.
7) Standard contact for companies • Companies can mark one of their contacts as “standard“ contact (optional)
- The standard contact will be displayed, if the real contact of an MDS is deactivated or has not accepted the GDPR rules, so that every MDS has a contact assigned.
8) Warning for referenced preliminary MDSs
- New MDSs cannot contain references to preliminary MDSs. However, there are legacy data containing such references.
- A Warning is generated if an old final MDS with a reference to a preliminary MDS in the tree exists.
9) Add supplier code to the search result list (Sent and Received screen)
- Supplier code attribute can be viewed as a column listed in the Received MDSs and Sent MDSs screens.
10) Change recyclate handling for plastic materials
- Currently, all recyclate material is added to the usage (component/semi-component) of the MMDS. With the enhancement, recyclate information for plastic materials will be added directly at the MMDS level by the material supplier.
- Please note that the exact scope of this enhancement is still in discussion.
Do not miss the next IMDS trainings dates:
|IMDS1 – International Material Data System: Foundation
||6. – 7. 4. 2020
|IMDS2 – International Material Data System: Advanced + Upgrade
||8. 4. 2020