After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Integrate FortiMail into existing infrastructure, with the optimal operation mode.
- Deploy HA & redundant infrastructure for ultimate uptime of mission-critical email.
- Protect the priceless reputation of your MTA on spam blacklists.
- Secure email transmission via best-of-breed technologies: SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, S/MIME, and IBE.
- Archive email for compliance.
- Leverage your existing LDAP / Active Directory server for user preferences & authentication.
- Eliminate spyware & viruses.
- Route email & manage queues.
- Use personal or domain-wide spam quarantines.
- Throttle client connections, blocking MTA abuse.
- Understand the system architecture of a FortiMail appliance: how email flows through its modules, how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email, and what parts of the configuration to check if legitimate email is being detected as spam.
- Block spam with sophisticated techniques: deep header inspection, heuristics, recipient verification, PDF/image scans, third-party DNSBL and SURBL queries, and the FortiGuard Antispam Service.