In this five-day course, you focus on configuring and managing VMware vCloud Director® for Service Providers 10.x Tenant Operations. You learn about self-service provisioning, the creation of certain organization virtual data center networks, vApp and its networks, catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks.
This course covers integrating vCloud Director with VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ and the use of VMware vCloud® Availability for vCloud Director®. You will understand how to manage multisite, cross-VDC networking for vCloud Director. You will also understand how to use Central Point of Management (CPOM) to define a software-defined datacenter (SDDC) for tenant users of vCloud Director. This course also discusses how to monitor various vCloud Director objects using VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand role-based access control and custom roles
- Manage a vCloud Director organization’s VDC and vApps
- Manage virtual machines using sizing and placement policies
- Create and share vCloud Director catalogs and vApp templates
- Describe and use CPOM to view dedicated VMware vSphere® datacenters in the tenant portal
- Configure networking for organizations and vApps with the help of VMware NSX®
- Configure the integration with vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
- Transfer virtual machine workloads from vSphere into and out of vCloud Director sites and between vCloud Director sites for customer onboarding
- Manage multisite deployment as a tenant administrator
- Know how to integrate vRealize Orchestrator and use the existing workflows
- Monitor vCloud Director using vRealize Operations Manager
- Know the new features of vCloud Director 10.x tenant operations