In preparation for the exam, Red Hat recommends that candidates be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®), but it is not required to take the exam.
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates should be able to perform these tasks:
- Install and configure Puppet.
- Install Puppet servers.
- Install Puppet nodes.
- Register Puppet nodes to a Puppet server.
- Create and maintain Puppet manifests.
- Create new Puppet manifests.
- Debug existing Puppet manifests.
- Create Puppet modules.
- Create reusable modules.
- Create modules with classes, name spaces, variables, and conditionals.
- Create modules that install software on target nodes and deploy configuration files.
- Use facter to obtain system information.
- Create custom facts.
- Use facts to change Puppet behavior.
- Create Git repositories.
- Create and perform simple management of a Git repository.
- Add files to a Git repository.
- Apply changes and commit changed files to a Git repository.
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
- Create a Puppet repository on Red Hat Satellite.
- Install, configure, and deploy Puppet modules using Red Hat Satellite.
- Register Puppet clients to a Red Hat Satellite server.
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after restart without intervention.